Aberzombie & Witch-- Fashion for the Undead



Zombie Thursdays is a weekly feature with guest blogger, Miranda. You can read more about her here.

Last week from Florida I shared with you the video "Fashion Freak." As stated, I couldn't really tell whether or not it had anything to do with zombies, fashion, or freaks. Ironically, those are three things I'm in love with! Clearly you all know about the obsession with zombies, and some may even have an understanding of my love affair with freaks and freak shows (and no, 'freaks' is not a pejorative term, just read my thesis!).

Since you all are learning so much about my world, I suppose I should share another aspect of it-- I love shopping. And I love shopping for clothes. This should come as no surprise; I am a girl, after all. I'm the kind of girl who will walk into Target to buy some Coke, a loaf of bread, and a few other food essentials, and instead I will walk out with two new shirts, a new sweater, and will have forgotten the need for other sustenance. And Damn, Target! for selling its Stranded brand of clothing that makes horror themed shirts that are so outrageously affordable!

With the growing popularity of the undead in our culture, zombie clothing is taking a strong hold in the fashion world. If you are going to be a zombie lover than you need to dress the part. Today I'm going to share with you a few of my favorite pieces of zombie-inspired clothing and where you can find your own awesome zombie threads!

It's early in the morning... your girlfriend/wife wakes up and rolls out of bed. With sleep in your eyes, you notice a blurry vision of decaying hands grabbing her butt! Has a demon jumped into your bed?? No, silly! That's just your girl rocking her love of zombies in her zombie-butt-grabbing yoga pants!


These awesome lounging pants were found on Babygirl Boutique and are made by a company called RockSteady Clothing. Guys, I have to tell you, these are the perfect gift for your horror-loving girl. They are just great on so many levels-- they're comfortable, soft, and have zombie hands... perfect! And on a deeper level, they tie in to the whole "zombie fetish" idea, which I am still trying to wrap my mind around. "Zombie Sex" seems to be taking on a life of its own and is now appearing in clothing.

Babygirl Boutique is a great source for more awesome zombie clothing. They have a matching shirt and hoodie for the zombie hands yoga pants, although on the shirt and hoodie, I'm sure you can imagine what the hands are grabbing... Another favorite I have bought from this site is a "Necro Nurse" sweater which features a very cool zombie nurse and a bloody syringe on the front (also by RockSteady).

Another great source for zombie looks is Sourpuss Clothing. All you need to do is type 'zombie' in their search box and you'll find almost eighty different zombie inspired pieces of clothing, accessories, even household decor! I own a few things from Sourpuss including an awesome "Zombie's Grave" shirt and a cool zombie pin-up shirt featuring "Zuvembie!"

And guys, don't worry, I haven't forgotten you. Sourpuss offers a lot of great zombie clothing for men as well that you can find in a zombie search. Another great resource for guys, and girls, is Iron Fist Clothing. Iron Fist has some of the most amazing clothing I have seen. For guys they have zombie hoodies, shirts, even swim trunks! There is a repeating zombie motif they use and girls can buy these products in shirts, stiletto heels, even a bikini (which I may purchase....)! They have recently updated their site for easier purchasing direct from Iron Fist. I have seen their clothing in retail stores (like The Alley in Chicago, IL), but in stores the mark up is so ridiculously high, you are much better off buying from the company. Even with shipping, the cost is still cheaper.

If humor is more your thing, be sure to check out sites like Threadless. Threadless is a community based design company. Regular users submit their original designs that then get made into t-shirts for anyone to purchase. Type 'zombie' into a search and you'll find some really funny shirts including a "what to do in case of zombies" illustrated guide, a 'Corporate Zombie' design where a bloody zombie is going after $$$, and my favorite (since I am a vegetarian), the 'Vegan Zombie' who is after "GRAAAIIINNNSSS!"


Halloween is only six months away, so what are you waiting for? Go out and buy some clothes that will tell the whole world you're a zombie lover and aren't afraid to show it. And if you already own some rockin' zombie and horror clothes, share it with us in the comments!

Happy hunting...

**Ironic end note-- just as I was typing in the tags and getting ready to post, "Zombie" by the Cranberries came on. And as you know, I don't believe in coincidence.**