Monday, April 12, 2010

Get Your Grilled Cheese On

According to Twitter, today is National Grilled Cheese Day. This is awesome for so many reasons.
  1. Cheese is dairy. Dairy is good for you.
  2. Grilled cheese is one of the 3 things the Friendly's in my hometown can make accurately.
  3. Picky children around the world can eat their fill.
You can find a lot of different ways to funkify (yes, funkify) your grilled cheese sandwich here.

My favorite type of grilled cheese contains cheddar and a spicy cheese with tomatoes. Any type of bread will do. What is yours?

_____
Last.fm hit of the day: Sex Beat by Fear Cult

4 comments:

  1. So, I read the Love Letters blog (http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog) and the author uses "grilled cheese" as a euphemism for oral sex. So that just gives Grilled Cheese Day a whole new meaning, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one grilled cheese made at Sweetwater, right next to Emerson in the Boylston Place alley. It had sourdough bread and cheddar cheese with tomatoes, but I also added onions. And of course, the grilled cheese my mom makes is the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check out Sweetwater the next time I have a class up at Grub. They're located right near that alley.

    Thanks to D, your comment has a totally different meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm... my mom does not give me oral sex. She does, however, make fantastic grilled cheese sandwiches. In the literal meaning.

    And yeah, Sweetwater is awesome! For you meat eaters (nope, still not a sexual pun), you can add bacon to the sandwich, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails