Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh, The Geekery!

Or is it nerdacity? I never can keep the definitions of 'nerd' and 'geek' straight. If someone could clear that up, I'd be grateful.

While you're working on that, I'll be working out some details on my new job. Still at the same company, but working on moving laterally to a department they aren't liquidating.

But, you should also check out the Dr. Who theme song with the 11th Doctor on the synthesizer. I found this through the nice folks at Nerd Approved. This is just one of the million reasons I love you crazy Brits.




______
Last.fm hit of the day: Until the Day You Die by Abney Park

2 comments:

  1. From Wikipedia:

    Nerd:
    Nerd is a term, often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavours, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities.

    Geek:
    The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."


    And here's a handy way to tell a nerd from a geek: http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-the-Difference-Between-Nerds-and-Geeks

    And on that note, I really should get back to work ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the fact that you looked this up would make you a nerd, right?

    Thanks for the wiki link. I'll peruse it during the day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails