Friday, September 3, 2010

Four For Friday

When I wasn't working while watching Friday Night Lights this week, I had VH1 on as my background noise and yesterday evening didn't disappoint. They covered the greatest one hit wonders, most of which came out when I was still in single digits and got me nostalgic about that era.

Four For Friday: 80s Edition

1. Take On Me by A-ha. Greatest. Video. Ever. Turns out my love of Scandinavian music runs deep.


2. Strawberry Shortcake. I wasn't into her, but that didn't stop my mother from getting me the sleeping bag*.

3. Boy George. My introduction to gay men. Of course, my parents couldn't explain why he wore make up if he was a boy.

Not the actual ones I had
4. Neon crayons. Even though I loved the colors, the colors never really shone through.












What are your four 80s things?

* Still in usable condition, it's slept on many a dorm room floor.
_______
Last.fm hit of the day: Nightmare by London After Midnight

6 comments:

  1. 1) Flashdance fashion-- leg warmers and ripped neck holes

    2)Smurfs!(Esp Hefty. I heart Hefty!)

    3)All those terrible "Police" songs

    4) USFL football. Go Philadelphia Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is the best!!

    1. roller skates

    2. neon sweatshirts with matching socks

    3. MTV-- I loved Martha Quinn!!

    4. those jelly bracelets and shoes. Oh. My. Jelly SHOES, people.

    Yay for the 80s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. WHAM (how could I not tell G. Michael was gay? It seems oh so obvious now.)
    2. Punky Brewster. I so wanted to be her.
    3. Converse high tops (my sister had a pink pair, I had a blue pair, and we switched one shoe... livin' the punky brewster dream.)
    4. Solid Gold! When I wasn't dreaming of being punky brewster, I was dreaming of being a solid gold dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember mostly everything you three said. I too wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

    This was fun. Thanks for stopping by and reminiscing, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I was born in the late 80's, I sort of don't have anything I miss :( But I TOTALLY love seeing VH1's shows on the decade. Those make me very thankful I can't remember a thing. :)

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amparo you won a CD, please email me your address.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails