Island Picks and the Incredibly Hot Everyman

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday.

Today's question: You're packing for a month on a deserted island. What, as a reader and writer, must be in your backpack?

I'm kinda old school, so I'm going to assume I got to the island via a three-hour tour*. And believe you me, I can pack a shit-ton for a short trip. Alicia = expert packer.

There will be other people on the boat, but due to the tragic storm, The Minnow and everyone was lost with the exception of Yours Truly and the Incredibly Hot Everyman who rescued me from the watery abyss.

 The Necessities
Sunblock. Let's just say that despite the Southern Italian genes, I fry like I'm Irish**.
Hoodie. It gets cold on the water.
Gum. I always have at least two packs with me.
Lip gloss. Because I'm a girl and with The Incredibly Hot Everyman around, you never know when puckering will happen.
iPod. Who leaves home without music these days?

I won't need food or water because Incredibly Hot Everyman is an excellent hunter and gatherer. He's also like MacGyver-smart. That means he can make salt water drinkable and come up with a way to have electricity.

Words & More Words
Books. Since we're dealing with my fantasy life again, I'd have my entire library on an eReader. When I wouldn't be distracted by Incredibly Hot Everyman's washboard abs or quarter-bouncing butt, I'd dive into all things Tower-related***.
Several notebooks and pens. There'd be one large unlined notebook for brainstorming and the rest would be lined for writing out my brilliance.
Sticky notes. For when something needs to be inserted into my brilliance, of course.
Notecards. For plotting purposes and to make a deck of playing cards****


If you were on a desert island for a month, what would you bring?


* That's the only way I would make it on a deserted island. As much as I'm a misanthrope, I like civilization.
** Which I'm not.
*** I'd have to skip over the lobstrosities though, since I'd be stranded on a beach. Too close to home at that point.
**** Incredibly Hot Everyman and I will get bored. That's when strip poker will commence.
__________
Last.fm hit of the day: Blue Monday by Orgy