Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Contest Time, Haiku Style

That's right, it's contest time. No, not the 100 follower celebration--The Pie is still at 96. This contest is to write the creepiest, scariest, OMG-I'm-peeing-my-pants-in-fear haiku about the girl from yesterday's post.


How do I write a haiku?
Easy. It's three lines and a total of 17 syllables.
First line: 5 syllables
Second line: 7 syllables
Third line: 5 syllables
That's all.

How do I enter?
In the comments section, write your haiku. 

Can I enter more than once?
Of course!

Anything else?
Contest will be open through Friday, February 11, 2011. Cookies are only guaranteed for the United States and Canada.

________
Last.fm hit of the day: Emotional Winter by Anathema

12 comments:

  1. You should have a depressing poetry contest that doesn't involve haikus LOL or whoever that girl is since I'm confused. But I'll try to write one anyways.. I've always been bad at haikus.

    Dark Black Eyeshadow
    A Sharp Blade That Soothes My Soul
    Scars Show Off My Pain


    LOL that was terrible ;w; maybe I'll try again later. I have no idea. I hate syllables. That might not even fit for all I know. I also hate only three lines haha.

    I can't wait to read the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!! Hmmmm, let me think...

    Eyes that haunt my dreams
    Sallow skin and too much kohl
    Bitch be scary, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You feel it's dark breath,
    Warm on your cold shoulder blade.
    The eyes are watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dripping blood from eyes,
    Blackened heart beating no more,
    Soul released to hell.

    Hmmm.... chirpy! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrible at poetry, but I'll give it a crack:

    If eyes are windows
    to the soul, I'd hate to see
    what haunts her within

    Kinda emo, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Pam's is good-and so teenager-y. Nice :) Here's my go at it...and I suck at Haikus (disclaimer).

    It happened so quick
    How could she not see him there?
    Too cold now to care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets try this again.. XD Love the other entries so far :D I hope more people enter this!


    Alone In The Dark
    Eyes Show Melting Blacks and Blues
    Life Is On The Line



    .....I have no clue. XD
    Ahhh Haikus are so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fetid breath on cheek,
    Smell of damp decay and death,
    Gruesome end awaits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shatner sings metal
    My ears bleed but so much worse
    Pat Boone sings metal

    ReplyDelete
  10. my undead sister
    wants to play with you right now
    do not make her mad

    last minute entry,

    still laughing about bitch be scary, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my undead sister
    wants to play with you right now
    do not make her mad

    last minute entry???

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry- I keep posting. I get it now. The first one went through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails