Monday, February 21, 2011

Race to 150 Contest

We reached 150 followers!!! The Race and contest entry has ended! Thank you to all who followed/entered and congratulations to our winners! If you're new to 'The Pie,' stick with us-- we'll have more contests in the future! ~Alicia & Miranda

Last week we exceeded 100 followers in The Lurkdom. *throws more confetti* This is fantastic because Miranda and I have been planning a celebration for a while now.

Like what?
Besides impromptu dance parties, we're doing some giveaways. FIVE As of March EIGHT giveaways to be exact. You can win one of these fabulous prizes:
  • One of two handmade scarves by Alicia*.
  • Cupcakes of awesome by Miranda.
  • An ARC of Divergent by Veronica Roth. You can read my review here.
  • A handmade critter by blog follower Empress.
  • Cookie Prize Pack: one box of Girl Scout Cookies and a dozen homemade zombie cookies from Miranda.
  • Zombie Surival Kit: zombie survival flashcard, zombie mix cd, Amazon.com gift card, and your very own zombie.
  • Writer's Survival Kit: iTunes gift card, pens, post its, notepad, a copy of Bird by Bird, and your very own chocolate stash.

These sound awesome. How do I enter?
So glad you asked. Comment on what you would like to read about on The Pie and fill out the below form. We'll keep the contest open until we get 150 followers. Tweeting, blogging, and telling/inviting your friends to The Pie gets you bonus points!




Before I forget, thanks to everyone in The Lurkdom for your support. We do this for you.


* Hubby was going to be modeling the scarves for you, but my lack of attention span due to Captain Tripps prevented this so far.
________
Last.fm hit of the day: Hell Angel by Gorgeous Frankenstein

33 comments:

  1. you have scarves and cookies! i'm so in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'd like to read about? Hm. How about how you guys deal with life + writing? The balance issue is always one of interest for me.
    Congrats on the followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great prizes, you guys! Congratulations on the followers!

    I'd love to hear more about your writing process. (I'm sort of a fiction writer "policy wonk")

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really sure what I'd like to read about! I just like reading the blog in general.. But maybe just some random "advice" blogs or something. Or one talking about your favorite video games? (because video games are awesome...) I like that you have contests though, because contests are always a lot of fun to do! (even when they are haikus that I'm terrible at...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of the Lucky posts, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, my FB friends today has a "Shake your a$$ like Shakeira" dance-off today via vlog. So, yeah, that's what I want on every blog. Random booty shaking is always fun (except mine, that'll make you want to spoon your eyes out). :)
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! Keep doing what you're doing here on the Pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erica and Christy-- check out my post on Repo and watch the video... you will see me shake my ass LOL

    Thanks to everyone! We're super excited about the contest and all the new followers! Tell your friends and definitely keep the suggests coming-- even after the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. With as awesome as this blog is, you guys will reach 150 in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! I love contests! And Cookies! This has both (potentially :D ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think a cuddle with Lucky should be one of the prizes. But then, I'm silly that way (and already have an Alicia scarf! :-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the cats should model the scarves.

    Cats are so cute ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERY cool contest! Woot guys. WOOT YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Ko, the Insect Collector asked us to drop by. So glad I did and am your newest follower. I don't need a prize, just happy to help you out for you have a lovely blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what fun prizes! I found you at Erinn's blog, Something Else to Distract You. Couldn't resist Girl Scout cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fantastic. I'm pretty excited. Keep recruiting people, people!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just followed y'all! I love this blog! It fits right into my blurking needs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello to all new followers! Apparently Cupcakes of Awesome have been added to the prize list! I'm working out the details on how to make this logistically possible.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Entered, huzzah! Here's to 150 followers! (: Congrats ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats!!! I love followers. And comments.
    And cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. New follower! Great contest, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm pretty sure you can't post a cupcake of awesome (or alas, any sort of cupcake) to Australia (curse our customs guys), but for those things that are postable, I'm so in!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great contest! Love to see more about you can lead a normal life and write too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. New follower and I'm glad to have found your blog. Great contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you to everyone who has entered so far! We only have three more to go before we start picking winners!

    ReplyDelete
  27. =D I just started following. Good luck on getting 150. you will get it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aaand after 50,000,0000,000000000 tries, I have linked the proper account to this blog! Oh yeah. Also, I think there should be an entry all about zombie hats. I do not really know what that would entail, but heck - I bet you guys could come up with something awesome. ;) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I definitely just googled "Zombie Hats" after reading Bird's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for this! It's very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails