Friday Fives: Cover Envy

I say this with all genuinosity, Lurkdom: THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY. It's been a high-class craptastic week for yours truly and this weekend couldn't come fast enough*. That my weekend starts in about three hours emphasizes the hooray factor.


I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my process for buying music is to go by the title. With books, 98% of the time my buying process is driven by the cover. If it's pretty, I'll pick it up. Other factors come into play then, but that's not what today is about.

For someone who picks books based on cover art, there aren't many that I would sell my soul for. If Michael Whelan's art graces the cover, it's a safe bet that it'll catch my eye, so I've excluded him from my list and only focused on "recent" covers.

All images are courtesy of Goodreads**.

Cassandra Clare's City of Bones. Every time I saw the book in the store, I'd stop, stare, and pick it up. Why it took me three years to finally buy it, I'll never know.

Once I finally did pick the book up, I found out the artist is Cliff Nielsen, only the artist of my favorite Wrinkle in Time cover ever.



Janice Hardy's Darkfall. I haven't read any of The Healing Wars Saga, but that is going to change.



Mayandree Michel's Betrayal. It's just so... gold. And pretty.



Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush. I know, I know. It's Twilight with angels. But the cover really caught my eye.

Confession time: It's the reason I bought the book.











Oh, don't give me that look. You saw it coming. All roads lead to the Tower, after all.

What covers (books or otherwise) have grabbed your attention lately?

Go check out what other people are picking over at Paper Hangover!

* It helps that a good friend will be coming up for the weekend. That alone deserves cupcakes.
** With the exception of Darkfall, which I got from Janice Hardy's site.
______
Last.fm hit of the day: Need No Company by Hardcore Superstar