Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kiss Comparison Checklist

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday.

Today's topic: Compare your first kiss with your favorite character's first kiss.

Ugh. No matter how hard I try, I can't eradicate my first kiss entirely from my mind. That I want to should give you a hint of how not-stellar it was*.

If you've been lurking for a while, you've probably picked up on the fact I was a late bloomer and that High School Alicia still pictured herself as the tragically dressed, frizzy-permed, brace-face Middle School Alicia**. Why any boy would want to kiss me was baffling.

Turns out no boys did. Well, there was one. Unfortunately for me, he was also a male whore.

And this is where I compare my first kiss to Georgia Nicolson's kiss with whelk boy*** by way of checklist.


Coincidentally, he fell off the face of the planet for MONTHS after this. The next time I saw him, I was totally ready to hurl my register till at him. There's more detail than this, of course, but with my luck, this will be the day that said First Kiss boy will discover my blog and then awkward emails will ensue.

Lurkdom, tell me: how did your first kiss rate?



* It also probably explains the exact reason why I don't do kissing scenes.
** Fact: At times, I still see this instead of Present Day Alicia.
*** This may or may not be her first kiss. I can't remember since it's been a while since I've read Angus, Thongs, & Full Frontal Snogging.
_________
Last.fm hit of the day: Found You by Satellite

19 comments:

  1. Mine pretty much fits all of yours except under the influence because I was not. I hope he doesn't see this LOL (because I DO still talk to him and see him sometimes.. and uh.. kiss him sometimes LOL)

    Happened at a con in 07 :( I was bored and he was bored and then he kissed me and I freaked out a little bit and told him I didn't like affection x_x (Back then I wouldn't even HUG people!) but it's okay now I guess.

    I don't know what character to compare it to.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Let us know of any awkward emails :D

    My first kiss was in a closet... b/c friends had stuffed me in there with a boy I was only superficially dating and didn't let us out until we kissed. It was a dry, quick kiss. I'm such a cliche LOL

    I can't remember my first "reaL" kiss though. Just as well, the guy turned out to be a man-whore himself haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, fellow awkward-first-kiss-experiencer! Like you, I really hate kissing scenes for this reason. I think I probably broke some late-bloomer records as a teen. (That's all I can bear to admit)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Late bloomer. This is the girl who just had her first kiss this year. And I'm in college. Yes. I'm somewhat of a freak, but it's part of my charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine sucked too! Um, I was a very late bloomer. I didn't get my first kiss until 18. So there's that. And then there's the fact that he was drunk and had smoked a cigarette so I was practically gagging as he slobbered all over me.

    I want a do-over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies, I'm feeling loads better to know that I'm not the only late bloomer at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evidently being a late bloomer is a prerequisite for being an author! There, doesn't that make us all feel much better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. for the life of me i can't recall my first kiss. and i'm NOT that old. i'm sure it was the biggest deal at the time.... christy (i guess i'll have to wing it for my characters!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, love the checklist! I have 2 of those checked off. Thankfully, not everyone could see it--and I wasn't under the influence since I was only in middle school. Though, sadly, I know there are some middle schoolers who do drink and have done WAY more. My, how fast they grow now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - I love you, Alicia!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. My man-whore disappeared from our group forever after our first kiss. And he decided it was a good time to let people know he was gay. Yep, I'm that good.

    Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appear to be a bit luckier... though my guy was still a whore. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fellow late bloomer here...and awful first kiss. But I enjoy writing the first kisses I wish I'd had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dying... love your checklist, and love that he fell off the face of the planet afterward! Clearly he was intimidated by your awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your chart wins the award for Awesomest Awesomeness of the Day.

    And no fear--you're definitely not the only late bloomer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. I'm pretty sure my first kiss ticks every one of those boxes. A very useful checklist. It's good to know I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhh. Love it. can't beat a comparative table!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the late-bloomers! I had my first kiss at 18. We were college freshmen. He was experienced and I had been holding out for Leonardo DiCaprio. It was actually a pretty nice kiss, but I remember thinking "I thought there'd be more to this!" Like, angels singing or something...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails