Monday, May 9, 2011

Shiny Things

The Pie received another award*! This time KO dropped us the Blog on Fire award. It's shiny and reddish. There's no meme attached to it, so I'll acknowledge it and give you a few facts about fire before this goes onto the sidebar with the other shinies.

Fire Facts
  • In the US, there are 5 classes of fires that are based off what is actually causing the fire.
  • Boston is the home of the oldest continuously operating fire department in the US.
  • There are 1,080,000 hits about the flammability of vampires and only 323,000 about zombies.

In other news, I'm about a month away from my first ever writing retreat. The first ever Weekend of Awesome is taking place in South Carolina the first weekend of June. After the craptastic April, I definitely need a getaway to focus on writing.

Erinn and I have been working hard on the scheduling and Erinn has definitely kicked some major ass on the retreat bags. Even though we had a lot of initial interest, life and finances got in the way for most people leaving us with an intimate group of six**.

In addition to WOA, I also signed up for the New England SCBWI conference. Last year I had gone to the New Jersey one with Erinn and had a good experience, so I figured it would work to try out the one in my backyard. I signed up for a critique and tons of other stuff so keep your fingers crossed that something awesome comes out of the weekend long conference***.


What shiny things are on the horizon for you?



* I know, I'm shocked too.
** Which might be a blessing in disguise since it's our first one. Easier to work with.
*** As a general spaz, the crossing of the fingers is a huge necessity.
_______
Last.fm hit of the day: Wait 'Til the Night by Truly

7 comments:

  1. Fire pretty.

    Thanks for the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a writing retreat sounds awesome! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo to the Weekend of Awesome! I can't wait to get there. :) Aside from that, the following weekend Quita and I have another writer's retreat for our local SCBWI region--lots of writing will be done in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo can't wait for WOA!!! And as Pam mentioned, we have the novel retreat to go to, too. Did we mention that we're going to the international SCBWI conference as well??? Just wondering if I told you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your award! Oh, and I'm SO jealous about this WOA retreat. I need to find a retreat to attend. I'm currently searching. Have fun and happy writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the writing retreat sounds great! I've never been to one, so I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so envious of everyone's conferences. I think I looked into NE SCWBI and it was already full.
    Duh, me. I want to hear all about it, though.
    I can't wait for Weekend of Awesome!!! Six will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails