Today's Topic: The house is on fire and you've only got time to grab five things. What are they?
I live in a pretty questionable house that has tons of religious artifacts and questionable wiring**. Example: a lamp works where there are no outlets because it's hard-wired onto another wire. Somewhere. The grace of god is probably the only thing that keeps my house standing.
So because of this, I go through periodic bouts of fire paranoia--that thing where you're convinced the house will burn down in the middle of the night***. Thanks to this, I have a plan in place.
- The cats. Much easier said than done, this will take the most time to do. Have you ever tried stuffing two cats into a carrier?
- The laptop bag. This always includes the laptop and paperwork for whatever project I'm working on. And my camera.
- The purse. Which includes the money, checkbook, iPod, and keys. And is usually found next to the laptop bag.
- The phone with charger. Right next to the exit, I can rip the charger out of the wall with the phone still attached.
- Hubby. He would be running around grabbing his own five things, so this wouldn't happen until we were in the street watching everything burn. It would probably be one of those compulsive grabs like "omigod! What the hell are we going to do???" but it's still a grab and therefore, counts.
What five things would you grab in case of a fire?
* Apologies for the less-than-creative title.
** Among other things, but that's another post.
*** It doesn't help that in the four years that Hubs and I have lived in our questionable house, there have been three fires in the neighborhood hasn't helped, either.
**** Maybe even suggest to Hubs that we start home fire drills.
Last.fm hit of the day: Excitable by Def Leppard