Monday, July 11, 2011

Things That Amuse Me: Daschunds

Daschunds. Hot dog dogs. Weiner dogs. Whatever you call them, I find them hysterical. They're the perfect combination of long torso and short legs so they always look like they're in a hurry. And the ears are usually floppy which adds to the amusement factor when they run.

Image courtesy of Bay Area Dogs

In fact, I'm smiling right now looking at this handsome little feller. They crack me up so much that Hubby is aware of my conditions if I was to become a dog owner.

  1. Must be a daschund.
  2. His name will be Sparky.
  3. He will have his own doggie treadmill and wind machine.
  4. We will buy him a cape.
This is all so I can have a superhero dog named Super Sparky so I can watch him run and his ears flail.

Now that I've probably condemned myself to the looney bin, watch this cute dachshund puppy play with the mirror version of himself.



________
Last.fm hit of the day: Dreaming Light by Anathema

8 comments:

  1. We've got a half-Daschund and from what I can tell, it's not just an illusion -- they are always in a hurry.

    See?

    The cape is a good idea. I should get one for Oscar. Except he would eat it like he did his last two ID tags. And his collar. And his harness. And my other dog's harness. And his leash. And my slippers. And every toilet paper roll that ever gets emptied in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! My brother and his wife have two Dachshunds (Daphne and Max) and wow... do they have a lot of spunk. Get ready for lots of walks and attention-giving if you end up getting yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're not hysterical, they're adorable! *huffs on behalf of dogs* And ever since I watched The Incredibles, capes make me totally wary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dachshunds are such cute dogs. My other favorite short leg/long body dog is the Corgi. One of my cats pretty much acts like a dog and is probably twice the size of a dachshund so that will have to do for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing that video makes me want a weiner dog. Right. Now. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that video is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Dachshunds are adorable. You should totally get one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that video is so adorable!! When I was a kid, my dog was a dachshund mix and she was a fabulous dog. I love them too, they're so funny, and it makes me smile just to see them. Cute post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails