Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Haiku

It's my Monday, which means this week will plod to Friday*. The only saving grace is the stack of projects that I want to complete. (Hint: they're all writing related.)

Anyway, my brain wouldn't function today at all, so I thought a bad haiku was in order.


7
The rook called. I listened.
O’er the crest, Reaper smiled
In his arms I lie

Despite the moribity of the haiku content, I'm in a cheerful mood. I get to read Sideways Arithmetic from Wayside School for the day job and I sat in a giant's chair yesterday.


* Why this is always the case with shortened weeks is beyond me.
_______
Last.fm hit of the day: Star War by Backyard Babies

5 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love to sit in a giant's chair? Thanks for the haiku--you're pretty brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I've never been good at Haiku. Happy July--despite you're morbidity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading fun books for the day job is always good. Also sitting in a giant's chair is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a good morbid haiku to get your spirits up! :D A giatn's chair -- sounds interesting. And dude, you're super-lucky to get to read awesome books for a job. I think I'll grow up to be like you, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all haiku are good haiku, right?

    They never cease to make me smile, even if about death.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails