Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When The Blog and The Day Job Collide: Setting and the WIP

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday.

Today's topic: Share some images that inspire your WIP.

Even though I have a bunch of them stored on my computer, I never used a picture for inspiration. Until this weekend, of course. Sunday I went on a photo walk around the day job's grounds to take pictures for one of my in development WIPs*.






Where do you find your visual inspiration?

* Which, despite having only a sketchy outline, will be YA.
________
Last.fm hit of the day: Get Off Get Out by Anathema

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's always interesting when your story's setting and your own every day setting collide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool...I love that picture with the trees lining the tops of the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your story is set at a place like your day job. Your pictures are beautiful... love all the green and the second building especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems like a nice place to work...much more welcoming than a boring office building. Very cool that you're using that to build your story's setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey now, beautiful day job area! Not so bad seeing that every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that really helps you built the descriptions. Very pretty area to work in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I think my fave is of the SEAL-- symbols, especially govt symbols fascinate me. Maybe the stamp collector in me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much fun that you've taken your inspiration photos yourself! And what beautiful photos they are, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here I thought the internet was the only place to get inspiration photos. A camera? What is that? lol

    nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I'm curious to know what this WIP will be about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...I can't help but think a war has created a ghost town. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails