Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacation Books

This time next week I'll be an active participant of The Real World Cape Cod and let me tell you: it can't come soon enough. This summer has been somewhat of a suckfest so getting away for a few days is a definite must.

One thing I always make sure I pack for vacation are books. The more, the better. I think about this before the all-important clothes issue*. Back in June, I declared this summer the fluff read summer. While I haven't been entirely successful, I'm aiming to continue on next week. And because it's Monday, I thought I'd share my book packing list with you.

The Real World Cape Cod Book List

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Possession by Elana Johnson
I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It by Adam Selzer
Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

I know. That's a lot of reading material to devour in between writing and organized activity**, but I like to be prepared.

What books have you been reading this summer?




* This shows you where my priorities lie.
** Like countless rounds of mini golf and ice cream.
______
Last.fm hit of the day: Doctor Doctor by UFO

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh - fun. I'd like to borrow when you're done. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE FUN! Sounds like a great getaway!

    You know what I've been reading, but I did finally get Stolen and read that in two days - so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by your zombie selection! :D

    I'm notoriously bad about starting books and then not finishing them. As a result, I end up being half way through like five books at once. However...

    I decided to give Jessica Darling another chance. I was so disappointed by the third novel and her seemingly out-of-character/bad fanfiction behavior that I never bothered to read the fourth or now fifth installations. With Borders going out of business, I decided to indulge and bought 'Fourth Comings.' I finished it in a few days and must say it was way more enjoyable than number three (although not as good as the first two). It restored my faith in her ability to write in Jessica's voice. I'm going to go back and get 'Perfect Fifths,' but I'm nervous given the excerpt that appeared in the the back of this one... it's written in third person, not in the normal journal style, and mostly from Marcus' point of view... hrm. Dislike. But I'll give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read Lolita and The Iron King this summer--I'm hoping that'll change since I'll be doing a lot of travelling over the next few weeks. I'd like to finally read Speak, the next book in the Iron Fey series, Amy Reed's Clean, and Bad Taste in Boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are GREAT vacation reads! You're going to have an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've got a great list of books, and I hope you have a blast on your vacation.

    I think you probably already know what I've been reading. The best book of my summer so far is CHIMED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep meaning to read the Kiersten White books, si much to do, so little time. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing what you think of them all! Supernaturally's coming up soon on my list. It's winter here, but for my dose of summer I read Twenty Boy Summer the other week by Sarah Ockler, loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails