Cuteness in Zombies



Zombie Thursdays is a weekly feature with guest blogger, Miranda. You can read more about her here.

Happy New Year, Lurkdom! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a fun and safe New Year. I know I did! It was really nice to rest and recharge and try to think of ways I can improve my life in 2012.

2011 was not a great year for me either. And while I never have "Resolutions" for the new year, this year I have come up with a few things that I think I can try to follow to make my life mentally and physically better. One improvement is to be better at blogging each Thursday! If you haven't already filled out our survey, please take a moment to go to the previous entry and answer a few questions about what you would like to see and read about here on The Pie. All comments and suggestions are welcome!

One thing my boyfriend likes to make fun of me for is my definition of the word 'cute.' I use cute in a lot of ways, but in particular, we'll watch a movie and at the end I'll say, "I liked that! It was really cute!" But the types of movies I say are cute are movies like Tucker and Dale vs. Evil and recently the movie Attack the Block. These movies usually contain a lot of blood and a lot of death, among other things. But I don't know, I think they're cute!

So who says zombies can't be cute too? I think they can, and many artists prove that they can be cute! While at a friend's house last night, we were talking about the kinds of toys we used to play with as little girls. We're both self-proclaimed tomboys, preferring Legos and action figures to Barbie or American Girl dolls. But one toy we both agreed we loved were My Little Ponies. Weren't they so cool? And I had them all. Talk of the ponies led to her showing me a website where artists have made custom MLP to look like celebrities or other pop culture figures!

And of course, there had to be a Zombie My Little Pony! Since my posts on Zombie Hello Kitty seemed so popular, I know there is an audience for other things that fall under my odd definition of "cute." Below are two photos from an artist named Nicole who goes by the screen/etsy name "Fugsly." She specializes in some cool customized ponies from superheroes to comic characters, and of course zombies! Her blog is pretty cool, although it hasn't been updated since 2009, and she gives some step by step instructions on how to deconstruct the little guys so that you could make your own special MLP.



If you follow the link to this blog, you will find other examples by some more artists who do cool things with this popular kid's toy. So check it out! Which custom My Little Ponies are your favorites?