Something to Resolve

If you’ve lurked here long enough, you would know that I’m not big on the resolution thing. You’d also know that I kinda sorta suck at the goal thing. This happens because I usually aim too high* and then get discouraged and kick the whole process out the door. (There’s a reason why the New Year’s resolution to stop resolving is so popular.)

There is something to be said about setting goals and stuff at the start of the new year. It is a fresh start of sorts. And after The Year of Epic Suck, yours truly has decided to give resolutions one more try.

IMG_20120103_151200My resolution for 2012** is broad and simple, yet complex. I resolve to stay on top of things.

Without the routine of a 9 to 5 gig right now, this is crucial. It is so easy to fall into the trap of sleeping until four and do nothing but watch reality TV. Not that I’m really doing that, but it is easy to forgo certain things that should happen like finalizing my summary statement on my resume or actually clean out the basement.

So like The White One, I have to be diligent. I must prioritize and get things done when I say I’m going to get them done.

I know this isn’t going to be easy. It’s way to broad for it to be, but this goal is needed and I’m hoping to see improvement in my life overall.

 

 

* Like expecting to drop several pants sizes in 6 months, despite my love of ice cream and my laziness. As you can guess, this didn’t happen. At all.

** The Year of the Final Apocalypse

____________

Last.fm hit of the day: Haulin’ Ass by Bourbon Crow