Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 9

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer accountability series that is hosted by Jaime MorrowKaty UppermanAlison MilerErin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. We set goals for the summer and check in weekly.

Because of the revision cave, I wasn't able to pre-game today's post. So, I'm writing this from the confines of the day job desk before I get some revision time in. This, by the way, seems to be the preferred revision method for SFLN. I prefer the bed and The Stripey One. It's so weird how fickle WIPs can be.

How I Did Last Week 

  • Continue SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT revisions. So, so close to finished. As of last night, I have 40 pages left to revise. Then I have some new scenes to write.
  • Get up at 5 AM Tuesday-Friday so I can walk to work before it gets way too hot. Done. And because of that, I've been revising in the morning. My brain is toast in the evening.
  • Walk every day (except today). Erm, well. I walked every work day.
  • Stretch goal-->Get at least halfway through final workshop of PLANNING YOUR NOVEL. Nope. Revision takes precedent, though I have been thinking of the SNI and how it may not be a NaNo novel after all.

My Goal(s) For This Week Continue 

  • SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT revisions. 
  • Get up at 5 AM Tuesday-Friday so I can walk to work before it gets way too hot. 
  • Walk every day. 
  • Beta a friend's manuscript. 
  • Stretch goal-->Get at least halfway through final workshop of PLANNING YOUR NOVEL.  
 

One Word/Phrase That Sums Up What I Revised 

Taking too long.

Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week 

The Tower. I stupidly decided to reread The Dark Tower series, completely forgetting how much of a junkie I am for it. Now when I should be revising, I'm thinking about what I just read like a literary Rhea of the Coos. Or I'm on Pinterest looking up fan art.

Something I Love About My WIP 

Even though I'm not there yet, the mimes.

Good luck on hitting those goals this week.