Accountability Monday

To keep myself on task with everything I have to do outside of my day job, I've started Accountability Monday where I'll share my successes and failures from the past week and my goals for the upcoming one. If you too need something to keep yourself honest, feel free to join in.

It's official. We've reached the end of the nice weather. New England had its first freeze over the weekend, and I am nowhere near ready for winter wear. Call it denial, or laziness, but for the walk to the mailbox Sunday, I wore two sweatshirts instead of locating a jacket. 

The weather is even too cold for The Stripey One. She's taken to burrowing under the covers again.
Staying warm. Or plotting cat things.

How I Did Last Week

Hahahaha. Alicia of Last Week was hilarious in thinking she was going to achieve all the things. Alicia of Last Week didn't realize that all the sleeping and all the TV was important to recover from a full month of revising. Everything could have been achieved *if* I remembered that I had a recent synopsis that just needed updating. Writer fail, indeed.

My Goal(s) For This Week


  • Complete query and synopsis
  • Begin formally outlining The SNI
  • Stretch goal--> Exercise (outside of walking to work)


Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week

Motivation, depression (yes, still), and The Doubt Monster. The latter is a product of the former, but it's still very real. These days I pretty much question every single choice. Which socks? Which radio station? Which pen? All of it is hard. Lurkdom, decisions are hard.

Something I Love About My WIP

The little one-liners that my characters have. With the readthrough I did this weekend for the synopsis, I came across a few where I was like "wow, that was clever."

Random Factoid From the Week

Mutsu apples can last several months. Like, the ones I picked last weekend can last until February and still be fresh.

How's your fall going? Getting lots of stuff done? Share below and then stop by Pam and Quita's blog!