Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Won't You Be My Neighbor

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday. 

Today's question: Which book character would you like most as a next door neighbor?

Bella Swan! She's so perfect and smart and charming and has a perfect sense of self.

Wait, she's none of these things?

Credit
*shrugs* Moving on.

My taste in neighbors has changed in recent years. When I was in college (still living at home and for the most part desperately single), all I wanted was a hot single neighbor that D and I could silently drool over and make lame attempts at conversation. If there was an accent, all the better. Now, as a quasi-adult with a husband and 2 children cats, I just want someone amicable that goes to the same gym*.
  
College Alicia's Choices
Ray Caine, the rock star from the Glory St. Clair books. He's hot, sings, and has an accent since he's not from Boston. He's a vampire, but sometimes that happens.

Jace from The Mortal Instruments series. He's hot. He's a bad boy. I would definitely do a lot of staring**.

Present Day Alicia's Choices
Vicky Austin as an adult. I would've loved having her as a bestie in school, so it's pretty safe to say that Adult Vicky would be pretty awesome too.

Jessica Darling. Maybe. We'd either become awesome friends or I would plot ways to let the air out of her tires. Though, if she lived in the same building as me, we would definitely bond over the commonality of how we would move, but the rent is so cheap.

Has your choices for a neighbor changed over the years?

Be sure to check out what the other participants are saying over at YA Highway and GO FORTH AND ENTER OUR CONTEST.

* Because that way, my odds of going are better.
** Followed by a lot of running in the opposite direction.
________
Last.fm hit of the day: Real (attempts I-3) by Ephrat

17 comments:

  1. lol Too funny, and so true. I'm pretty sure if I did a comparison like this, mine would look similar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He's a vampire, but sometimes that happens." Ha! It does happen, even to the best of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Bella Swan. Live in the apartment next to her and you'll be kept away by the uncontrollable sobbing every time Edward goes out for a walk. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you contrasted past and present choices. I definitely think past me would've picked a cute guy (St. Clair, perhaps?) and present me goes with a lady who can teach me how to cook for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how life changes and experience can change what you want - cause I used to want rich neighbors -------now I am pleased if they don't consider whiskey and a few fire arms a party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ROFL-ed when I read the part about Bella. Hi-larious. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no ideaaaaaa. I don't read enough :(

    but I did lol about Bella Swan.

    I'd def. want to be her bffl so I can become a vampire someday, too. I've always wanted to sparkle when I enter the sun 0:)
    /sarcasm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! And yep, mine totally changed over time too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you picked past and present choices and I love how college Alicia would just be all "He's a vampire, but sometimes that happens."

    Ironically, I think I would have preferred quiet, normal neighbors more in college as opposed to the crazy ones I had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, Jessica Darling would be fun... or crazy. either way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the angle you took with this one. As a homeowner, I want nice, quiet neighbors, but as a kid, I would've loved a bookish girl like me to move in next door so we could be best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no clue who Jessica Darling or Vicky Ausin are. Yes, I'm holding up the letter "L" over my forehead. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I didn't believe you would choose Bella Swan. It just seemed too wrong. I'm glad you included Jace though. He is hott. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait--Bella's NOT perfect and charming?!

    Love your picks and the way you grouped them into past and present choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! You could stare, then run, then stare again while you caught your breath!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If Bella was my neighbor, I might actually stab her. So it's probably best if I'm nowhere near her, haha.

    I haven't actually read any of the other books...so I can't really comment on your choices. =(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait - didn't you have a quasi-hot neighbor with an accent? I don't remember if he was hot, but he had a hot accent, right? Or am I imagining things? It's been a long time since college. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails