Seasons Greetings!



Zombie Thursdays is a weekly feature with guest blogger, Miranda. You can read more about her here.


"It's the most wonderful time of the year!" And no, I'm not singing about jolly elves in red suits or candy canes and mistletoe. I'm talking about zombies, witches, pumpkins, and everything else that makes October the GREATEST month of the year!

But before we get to some spooky fun, I want to wish our hostess Alicia a very Happy Anniversary!! I was lucky enough to be at her wedding three years ago, and it was beautiful. Although, funny side note, they had guests fill out in a book some questions and memories about the day. One question was something about, "what's the best part of the day?" And I cheekily responded, "You getting to see how awesome I look!" But I digress. Happy Anniversary to Alicia and Josh and many happy more in the future!


Onto October! This month you can expect a lot more than just your once weekly dose of zombie fun. Alicia and I have been chatting about some cool ideas and topics to throw at you in the month of October that will all culminate in a week long extravaganza of macabre mayhem in the final week leading up to Halloween! Are you excited? I sure am!


So today, I'd like to share with you one of the ways I started celebrating the season. I recently attended a 'Zombie Tea Party' at a friends house. What is a Zombie Tea Party? It's a party where guests get all decked out in their finest zombie rags and blood, look for brains, and have fun! While I didn't turn myself into a zombie (I decided to be the lone survivor, a zombie hunter of sorts), I did do the make up for a couple of people at the party (pictured below), which turned out to be great fun. I didn't end up drinking any tea, but there was deliciously spiced rum cider, and an apocalyptic photo shoot that followed--



So what are some of your plans for Halloween? Throwing a party? Have an awesome costume idea? What's your favorite candy? We want to hear all about it all month long! Don't be afraid... we won't bite...