Tofu, the Vegan Zombie!



Zombie Thursdays is a weekly feature with guest blogger, Miranda. You can read more about her here.

And how is everyone enjoying their Octobers? Mine has been fantastic so far! I still feel like I'm catching up on all the sleep I lost while attending the Music Box Massacre, and I can't believe the month is already half over. October is a time for mischief, and I will admit that I was off partaking in some debauchery yesterday. So, I apologize for posting Zombie *Thursday* on a Friday. But it's the weekend now, so you all will have more time to view what I am about to share with you!

One truth about me is that I have been a vegetarian for almost thirteen years. That is almost as long as I've known Alicia! Kind of scary when I think about it. Obviously veggie living is a large part of my life as I love to eat (and have to eat) constantly, just not meat. And by now you know...clearly... I love the zombies. So imagine how awesome it was to discover (while at Dragon*Con) a cool new zombie character named Tofu, the Vegan Zombie!


Tofu is a zombie whose zombie brain was transplanted by a lab monkey. The monkey used, what else, a block of tofu! Whenever Tofu has his tofu brain in his head, he has no desire to eat human brains. But if it ever falls out... beware! In the world of Tofu, it is believed that the zombie virus was created and passed through genetically altered meat products, mainly beef and poultry. Tofu's "father," Professor Vost, is on a mission to cure the zombie plague and believes that Tofu just may be the cure!

The creators of Tofu made a cute little animated short that introduces some of the main characters-- Prof. Vost and his daughter, Addie; his dead wife, who is a zombie; the lab monkey; and of course, Tofu! I bought a Tofu shirt at Dragon*Con and they were also selling some really cool vinyl figures, both of which can be purchased from the Tofu website.

Enjoy the video, but be warned, the theme song got stuck in my head for several days...


Trick or treat, everyone!