Blog Spotlight: Reasoning With Vampires

Credit
Here on The Pie, Miranda and I support the arts. We know how much goes into the creation of anything. We aim not to heckle/poke fun/abuse any creative endeavor.

That doesn't mean we can't enjoy when other people do.

But Alicia, that's awful.
Maybe, but sometimes it's so warranted.

Oh, really? When?
When it involves a little franchise called Twilight.

Before you go off about how awesome Twilight is, how it's so romantic, blah blah blah, you should know I'm not going to listen. I'm firmly lodged in my belief that it's awful. Reasoning With Vampires backs me up. She breaks down Twilight* into separate chunks and corrects the grammar, questions word choices, and questions plot elements.

If you're a true fan of Twilight and the subsequent books, you probably should stop reading.

For an example of what she does, look at the passage below. Not every one is this long, but it does showcase what you can expect if you go onto the site.

Credit

Reading through her entries is useful to the writing process as well. When you see the text in isolated chunks like this, you're able to find more things that don't work. I might try this out when I'm working on revising more clunky scenes.

Now I'm curious, Lurkdom, what are your thoughts on Twilight's story and writing?

* And will continue with the other books.
_______
Last.fm hit of the day: Endtime by Praxis