Accountability Monday

To keep myself on task with everything I have o do outside of my day job, I've started Accountability Monday where I'll share my successes and failures from the past week and my goals for the upcoming one. If you too need something to keep yourself honest, feel free to join in.

We're in October. For real. I'm not sure how this happened, and quite honestly I'm not a fan. I saw egg nog in the grocery store Sunday. EGG NOG.

Also, it's been cold the last few days. Like, the heat came up cold. So, like any good New Englander, I bought fleece sheets. This is both awesome and horrible because now I fight with the cats as to who actually gets the bed.

The White One can't face the fact it's October.


How I Did Last Week

If possible, worse than the week before. I ended up doing some SNI research Saturday, not Monday. And I'm lucky if I averaged 90 minutes a day revising SFLN. And that exercise thing. Hahahahahaha. I should just scratch that off the goal list indefinitely.

My Goal(s) For This Week


  • To get to Chapter 20 in SFLN. 
  • Exercise. Any of it.
  • One hour SNI research.
  • Stretch goal-->Complete SFLN revisions. 


Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week

Motivation and it's cousin Depression. They go hand in hand, but when my brain keeps saying "EVERYTHING IS FUTILE" it makes plowing through something really, really hard.

Something I Love About My WIP

This past week there's nothing I love about it at all. I am fully entrenched in the "I hate you" phase of revision.

Random Factoid From the Week

There is a thing called lumberjack lore. While researching for the SNI, I came across a few fun things that are classified as such. I mean, it makes sense, but I just thought it fell under "folklore." Lumberjack lore has some really messed up critters. Apparently there's a walking casket and there's something involving an axe. Here's an article from Wired in 2014 about some critters from lumberjack lore.


How's your fall going? Getting lots of stuff done? Share below and then stop by Pam and Quita's blog!