Accountability Monday

To keep myself on task with everything I have to do outside of my day job, I've started Accountability Monday where I'll share my successes and failures from the past week and my goals for the upcoming one. If you too need something to keep yourself honest, feel free to join in.

So, it's November. It's NaNoWriMo. I'm lucky I know my name right now. I'm about 18,000 words into the SNI and I have a whole lot of work in store for Future Alicia, which you will undoubtedly hear about down the road when I talk about how Past Alicia did no prep work at all.

How I Did Last Week

 
Well, last week I had no goals because I had no post. So let's look at goals from a few weeks ago:
  • Send out SFLN to the two agents I promised it to. DONE
  • Complete my plotting and preplanning for The SNI. Meh, I got *some* done. Most of NaNo is being pantsed this year.
  • Stretch goal--> Exercise. I've been taking the stairs at the day job for the last week because we moved from the 5th floor to the 3rd. 3 flights is doable, five is murder.
 
 

Goals for This Week

  • Write between 10,000 and 14,000 words this week.
  • Write the Week 3 Pep Talk for NaNoBoston, the Boston region for NaNoWriMo
  • Continue to wake up at 4 and out the door by 5.30 the latest.
  • Continue taking the stairs at the day job.
 
 

Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week

 
Writing after a full day at the day job. Just like when I revised SFLN, I'm more productive in the morning. This means getting up way too early to achieve what I want. Now with Daylight Savings Time over and it being November, I no longer see the daystar. I think it's a myth.
 
 

Something I Love About My WIP

 
That it's a messy first draft. And my drafts are messy filled with things that aren't plotted, aren't researched, aren't named. My first drafts have a lot of things like [PUT HERE A REALLY BRILLIANT AND WITTY COMMENT] but given the nature of drafting, my brain can't think on that level. Yeah...
 
 

Random Factoid of the Week

The reason why the majority of the US has a drinking age of 21 is because of the National Minimum Drinking Age Act, which Congress passed in 1984. Basically it says, "make the drinking age 21 or we're not going to give you all of the funds." (This is highly CliffNoted and for more info you can read the Wikipedia stub or you can go to CNN.

How's your fall going? Getting lots of stuff done? Share below and then stop by Pam and Quita's blog!